Here at Indigo FM we are very proud of the work we do with young people across Indigo Shire. There are a range of partnerships in place some of which are long-term (ie Yackandandah Primary School) as well as some that are quite new. ‘Rising Up With Future Proof’ is a great example of the latter.
From early June 2023, we have met up with Indigo Shire’s Youth Resilience Peer Worker Ella Cheeseman, on a monthly basis to help her record an interview with a variety of young people, who are involved in leadership and building resilience for other young people in their communities.
Ella expanded on the podcast series in a recent catch up. “The collaboration and relationship between Indigo FM and the Future Proof program has been instrumental in reaching our Future Proof goals. Creating a podcast with Indigo FM has allowed us to establish a youth-led project and engage meaningfully with local young people while simultaneously connecting them with community members and shedding light on the issues most important to young people in the Indigo Shire. This relationship has allowed us to connect with those who might not want to come to in-person events, and perhaps will not engage with Future Proof otherwise.”
To date, 7 podcast episodes have been produced, which you can tune into below via the podomatic links. Each episode is approximately 15-25 minutes long.
- Jun 2023 – Ella chats with Lara and Chloe about peer support work
- Jul 2023- Ella chats with Charlie and Eadie from The Climate Letter Project
- Aug 2023 – Ella chats with Georgia from the CFA about her leadership role
- Sep 2023 – Ella chats with Sienna about balancing the demands of elite sport & VCE
- Oct 2023 – Ella chats with Thali about her invisible disability
- Dec 2023 – Ella chats with Molly Jane about her music
- Dec 2023 – Ella chats with Jaimee about being on stage in New York
For relevant links for Future Proof, see below: