Indigo FM’s Annual General Meeting was held last sunny Sunday afternoon in Wooragee at the Community Centre.
Members voted to elect a familiar group to manage the affairs of Indigo FM for 2022-23 with office-bearers being:
- President – Scott Landells
- Vice-President – Greg Clydesdale
- Secretary – Tiffany Ellis
- Treasurer – Bernie Jovaras
- General Committee – Nigel Jones
Two further General Committee positions remain open for the Committee to fill throughout 2022-23.
Members attended both in person as well as via Zoom and heard the exciting news that Indigo FM is now testing a live stream from it’s Yackandandah studio in addition to the Beechworth live stream which has been running since Feb 2022. With Tangam live stream to be set up shortly, Indigo FM will then have completed a key long-term strategic goal.
President Scott Landells extended a huge thank you to Tony Stockdale and Will & Penny Bonnici from First National Real Estate Beechworth / Bonnici and Associates for their generous sponsorship of our live streaming and also to Michael Rosenbrock whose IT talents have been crucial in setting up our live streams.
Members also heard that Indigo FM continued to invest heavily in new equipment and new sites, such as:
- purchase of a Rodecaster – portable Podcast creating unit (with assistance from Indigo Shire Community Grant)
- purchase of a new studio PC at Yackandandah (with assistance from a very generous Yackandandah Community Centre Community Grant)
- relocation to a new site in Sept/Oct 2021 for our Kiewa-Tangambalanga site
Indigo FM has recorded some outstanding results in 2021-22 especially the growth of our Podcasts which continue to experience compund year on year growth for around 6 years straight. In 2021-22 our Podcasts were played or downloaded on average 2866 times each month, compared with 786 for the corresponding stat in 2020-21.
Indigo FM also continues to be very well served by their two Sub-Committees – Marketing as well as Tech-Programming – who allow for crucial delegation of the operational tasks and projects in pursuit of strategic goals.
Indigo FM is excitedly looking forward to 2022-23 and the many opportunities we see to continue to evolve.
Click here to read our 2021-22 Financial Statement and President’s Report