These are 4 passes to the Americana Carnival at The Vine Hotel, Wangaratta on Saturday 27 November featuring Lachlan Bryan and the Wildes, Riley Catherall, Great Aunt, The Weeping Willows, Little Wise and many more. We’ll be drawing those out next Sunday 21 November on air in Yackandandah on Harvey’s Americana themed Asleep At The Wheel show around 2:30pm.
To join or renew your Indigo FM Membership for 2022, you can head here
Pay via a card or deposit cash into our WAW Bank account – details on the link above.
Major Prize Draw
We’ve decided to conduct our Major Prize Draw on Wednesday 8 December from 4-5pm on-air at both our Beechworth and Yackandandah 88.0 FM sites. Stay tuned for details.
Catching Up in your Community
Thank you to Quercus Beechworth for inviting us along to their Flea Market last Saturday. Here’s the current schedule of upcoming market stalls.
- Yackandandah – Sun 21 Nov – Lions Market 9am-1pm
- Tangambalanga – Sat 4 Dec – Indigo FM Open Day 8am – 4pm
- Chiltern – Sun 5 Dec – Market 9am-1pm (w BMF Van)
- Yackandandah – Sun 5 Dec – Christmas Fair 10am-2pm
- Beechworth is running a 24 hour marathon from 4pm Friday 19 Nov – 4pm Saturday 20 November
- Yackandandah is running a 30 hour marathon from noon Saturday 20 November – 6pm Sunday 21 November
- Tangambalanga will run a 24 hour marathon on Saturday 4 December – midnight – midnight
New Member Spotlight – Schools In for 2022!
Some hugely exciting news . We welcome both Osbornes Flat and Wooragee Primary Schools to our team, with a view to commencing some podcasting / content creation from early 2022. We recently received an Indigo Shire Community Grant toward a Rodecaster Pro which will assist us greatly in engaging rural schools like Osbornes Flat and Wooragee who aren’t within walking distance of one of our studios. Our past experience at setting up very successful primary school models with Rutherglen and Yackandandah Primary Schools has us very confident that we can grow this area of our organisation and continue to put to air fresh, energetic, youthful radio voices from across the Indigo Shire community. We’re also looking to engage other schools as well as Landcare groups. The latter focusing on recording some “bush / nature” podcasts. A bit of a different soundtrack for certain times of the day, the cacophony of birds chirping. A bit like waking up in a tent minus the mozzies. Stay tuned for further details.
Our latest range of T-shirts have arrived! Our now officially iconic “dog with headphones” logo – designed by Ado from Splatoons – goes around again albeit on different looking gear. Black background (male and female styles) as well as Yellow (female) and Gold (male). Add one in with your membership and receive the slightly cheaper Members rate.
We recently did a small pre-order for hoodies which also feature the “dog with headphones” logo. These are rare as! Just 15 in existence. The good news for you is that we do have 5 for general sale. Yes just 5. Sizes range from Small to XL. $50 for members when you pay your Membership. Otherwise they are $60.
Wanting a bargain? We have a few cheaper classic T-Shirts from our “Proudly Independent Since 2010” range. Drop us an email if you’d like to order one – [email protected].
Keep an ear out for Chris McGorlick’s interview with Cat Leahy from Feather and Drum – our major prize donor. I heard a demo version today and it’s a ripper – two hat lovers waxing lyrical. It will be on our airwaves shortly as well as available on podcast.
Currently up we have 4 recent interviews on our airwaves – podcast links below. Scott caught up with:
- Jen Dean from Kiewa Valley Dance
- Duncan Phillips from Outlaw Entertainment / Americana Carnival
- Nick Keogh from Elk – about his new single “Red Flags” co-written with Nancie Schipper, as well as a bit about Small Time Group in Brunswick
- GG Music – Georgia Ginnivan chats about her latest single “Road” as well as art life in Berlin, Sydney and growing up in Indigo Valley